Tuesday, September 15, 2009

School & the Amazing Exchange Program!

School started on September 8th 2009. I guess you can say that school is going really well. (for now at least). I started 8th grade at LaSalle Language Academy, Dita started 5th grade, and Stanley started Kindergarten. Both are attending Murray. And the twins, well they are your average almost one year olds getting into everything and crawling up the stairs, climbing out of their high chairs and just getting into trouble.
Starting eighth grade at LaSalle means 2 things. 1 you are the oldest in the school and you look down on all of the little kids even though they may be taller than you. And 2 you get an Exchange student. There are 5 languages at LaSalle French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Chineese. I am in spanish and have been for the past 9 years. In LaSalle exchange students from Spain come at the very beginning of the year, i was lucky enough to get an awsome exchange student that i love so much. Her name is Clara. She along with all of the other exchange students from spain have been touring the city while the have been here. It has been alot of fun! I am also so exited because in Febuary of 2010 I get to go to spain and stay with Claras family for 2 weeks! :) I will upload pictures next post.

3 comments:

Elena Banks said...

You must!!!! I need to see all Chicago Cannons!!!!!

Whitney said...

What an amazing opportunity, Ali! I'm so proud of you!! Are you paired with this exchange student or does she actually live with you? You are so smart and I bet you will do great in Spain. I think the farthest I had been when I was your age was to California, but you are quite the world traveler. So happy for you. Tell the family I say hi!

Amy said...

Ali, you probably don't even remember me, but I met you and your mom and dad when you were only 1--well, maybe almost 2. We lived in the apt. right below you and would listen to you run around and jump up and down well into the night! You played with our son, Bradley at our house and yours. You were the cutest thing and now you have grown up to be such a beautiful and smart young lady. What a great blog you have here. I was just rummaging through my piles of papers the other day and came across your family Christmas letter which had your blog listed on it. It's been fun catching up with your family here--you do a great job of journaling and uploading photos. What fun to have those cute little twins running around your house. I bet you're such a help to your mom and dad. I'm jealous you'll be going to Spain! What a neat experience that will be. Tell your mom and dad hello from Amy and Dave Koch. We miss you all so much. Keep up the great blogging!